The objective of the project “e-Governance Support to Ukraine” was twofold:
- The enhanced capacity of a selected oblast to implement ICTs for more efficient and transparent governance and local democracy;
- The creation of an example for the central level authorities for further implementation of the process in other oblasts.
The project was divided into 4 work packages, which included strategic support and training for officials as well as the implementation of technical solutions. The second phase of the project was focused on the implementation of e-government solutions in the cities and oblasts of Western Ukraine (Ivano-Frankivsk oblast administration, the city councils of Ivano-Frankivsk, Kalush, Dolyna and Lviv). These e-government solutions were followings: Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), Call Center, Geographical Information System (GIS) and Mobile Applications.
The project shared valuable experience in the field of e-government with Ukraine’s cities and oblasts. The aforementioned solutions were directed at improving the provision of services to citizens as well as enhancing government efficiency, transparency and openness. The results of the project was shared with other Ukrainian cities and oblasts.
Work Package 1:
- Project planning seminar in Ukraine;
- Questionnaire on the modern capabilities of eGovernment;
- Analysis of the supply and demand aspect of eGovernment and possibilities for open data initiatives in three levels: oblast, district, and city;
- Field visits to two main cities;
- Study visit for eGovernment leaders from Ivano-Frankivsk to Tallinn and Stockholm.
Work Package 2:
- Draft conceptual framework of eGovernment;
- Action plan and definition of the concrete technology projects suitable for implementation with additional funding;
- Four terms of references of technology development projects
Work Package 3:
- Handbook on the implementation of the local and regional e-government in Ivano-Frankivsk and Ukraine as a whole;
- Final seminar/conference of the first phase of the project.
Work Package 4 – implementation of four technology projects:
- Electronic Document Management System;
- Geographical Information System;
- Mobile Applications;