We help to increase government leaders’ awareness and skills in all aspects of e-government, by focusing on e-government policy and planning issues, organisational and management frameworks, legal regulations, budgeting of ICT implementation, and basic concepts of e-government interoperability and architecture.
Topics included in central e-governance:
Focus areas of training and consultancy
- Formation of ICT policy: best practice in IT policy and legal framework. Estonia’s lessons learned, comparison of policies with other countries
- ICT coordination in the public sector: methods and organisation, international cooperation
- Estonia’s electronic ID card and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Estonia’s digital signature – concept and solutions
- Principles of data services and state registers in Estonia
- Governmental interoperability solution X-Road: modernisation of state databases
- Citizens’ and entrepreneurs’ portal eesti.ee
- Forming the state’s ICT budget
- Main ICT development projects in the public sector, e-service technologies for the public sector
- Principles of launching, managing and auditing public-sector ICT projects
- Overview of the Estonian tax system and online services offered by the Estonian Tax and Customs Administration
- Strategic planning and management of ICT: theory and practice
- The role of ICT in the public sector
- ICT in education (educational strategies, e-school etc.)
- Look@World Project – a private initiative to boost Internet penetration in Estonia
Further topics are possible based on the needs of the target group.
Proven practice: Estonian e-Cabinet
Main components of e-Estonia
eCabinet – a powerful tool used by the Estonian government to streamline its decision-making process.
State e-Service Portal – a one-stop-shop for the e-services offered by government institutions.
ePolice – revolutionises police communication and coordination, maximising effective policing.
eTax – it has drastically reduces the time spent by individuals and entrepreneurs on filling taxes.
Electronic Health Record – a nationwide system that integrates data from Estonia’s different healthcare providers to a create a common record for each patient.
ArmeniaCentral e-Government, e-Services
KyrgyzstanCentral e-Government, e-Services
Faroe IslandsCentral e-Government
Estonia, Latvia, Sweden,Central e-Government
MoldovaCentral e-Government, Local e-Government